Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dealing with THE HUNGER while Pregnant

Here in DC we are experiencing a heatwave that might or might not disintegrate all of the capital's monuments and melt pretty much all of the contents of its shopping malls. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my 30th week of pregnancy (that's in the seventh month for you non-pregnant people) with 19 lbs. gained in the past two months only (thank you, Italian vacation). I feel like an apatosaurus right after the giant asteroid hit, or whatever.

This is my second pregnancy, so there's not a lot of excitement and/or Mother-Earth-mindfulness this time. However, I wanted to share with you a recipe that is not properly of the ice-cream-and-pickles variety, but that is definitely craving-induced. Ladies and gentleman, I introduce to you the power snack of the future:

Whole Wheat Bread + Peanut Butter + Coconut Flakes


Right before it was stolen.
I'm finding that the pairing of PB and coconut is not completely unheard of online, but I still have not seen this particular sandwich. Perhaps I should call it a tartine, since it's open-faced... Okay, okay, let's not go overboard.

Anyway, if you try it and despise it I have another suggestion to satisfy your HUNGER. This potato chip bar from Chuao chocolatier. It tastes exactly like you imagine. Like Fried Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment